Logos - CC logo for friend

This is the logo that got me into graphic design

(And it's my favorite I've designed so far)



These are the first designs I made

And this is the final design


The process - The first designs


First logo: I don't recall how I came up with this design, but it kinda looks like the Comedy Central logo but with the outside C flipped. Consensus - Best out of them all, might use for some other project sometime.

Second logo: This was supposed to look like it's written code since it always starts with a forward slash. Consensus - Second best, not that desirable.

Third logo: This was designed more like a sport logo with the hanging C and such. Consensus - It looks really bad.

Fourth logo: What even is that? Consensus - What was I thinking?

Fifth logo: ... Consensus - Umm... I like the colors?

The process - Final design


After my friend told me he didn't like any of the designs, I took a day off. An idea came into my head to make the two C's into one concurrent symbol. Trying to make this work well was hard, but I was finally able to get it right.

Overview

The first ones are some of my least favorite logo designs, but that's probably because it was my first try at making logos that aren't soccer logos. Making a logo that's meant to be CC grants a lot of creative freedom since the C's are basically just two circular curves. The thing is, I didn't take advantage of that fact until the last one I made (the first logo of the first designs). As for the final design, I really like what I was able to pull off.

My takeaway


Taking your time with a logo is vital to putting out your best work.


Bye for now,
Jack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post news, Two graphic design books and Future projects.

Pixel Art - Dark Witch